Sunday, March 17, 2013

Project 1 - Literary Hypertext

For this assignment, I wanted to bring together some of my most favorite female literary characters:  Jane Eyre (from Jane Eyre), Daisy Buchanan (from The Great Gatsby), Wife of Bath (Canterbury Tales), Lady Macbeth (from Macbeth), and Mrs. Ramsey (from To the Lighthouse).  I thought it would be interesting to explore multiple perspectives on various topics from women of various time periods, backgrounds and interests.  I placed them in a very traditional setting, a sewing circle, and let them offer advice on life to a newcomer to the group.  My hope was to capture their personalities and spirits as they conveyed their thoughts on topics like love, marriage, home, and men.  As I got deeper into the assignment and more confident with creating hypertext and linking them to my blog, I added an audio and video clip link plus a link to Middle English and literary criticism.  I feel this idea has lots of possibilities, but my inexperience took up a lot of my time.  I think I could see using this as a final assignment for the year for some of my classes, a creative assignment that also shows what they have learned.

To navigate this assignment readers simply have to click on the highlighted area on the original site or click on any highlighted words to progress further into the piece or to return to the original site.

Link to Literary Hypertext Project:
Sewing Circle

No comments:

Post a Comment