Sunday, February 24, 2013

Debbie's Blog for Feb. 26

I really enjoyed reading "Disappearing Rain" for this week.  Perhaps I am getting more comfortable reading and analyzing and flowing with electronic literature.  I still was not able to locate or get to a satisfying conclusion, but I was struck by some of the themes and the building of the plot.  I thought it was interesting that a character disappears and the only traces of her hidden life are a couple of creepy "love" letters her sister finds.  The feelings of obsession and losing one's self in technology mirror some of my concerns about technology.  The use of web cams serve as a rather narcissistic way of watching the world and yet not really participating in it.  Sophie says at one point that web cams "keep track of someone's soul."  I found that line very revealing in a dark way.

I also enjoyed working on Google docs over the weekend.  Again a new experience for me, one I should have tried much sooner, but I found it very creative and easy to do.  I was able to collect some images and attach a web site to a document.  I think using Google docs for future assignments will be a challenge for me, but accessible as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment