Monday, February 18, 2013

Elit Class Week of 2/19

Thoroughly enjoyed discussing 12 Blue in class last week.  Very interesting, inspiring, and liberating the different approaches and different reactions to the piece.  As a result, my exploration of new genres was done with more confidence (nothing broke) and more playfulness.  I admit to an ongoing feeling of disappointment that I am never able to come to a conclusion in any of the journeys I have taken thus far.   This week I continued to explore Hypertext with "A Show of Hands" in vol 2 as well as "Faith" in Music and under Visual Poetry or Narrative "Dawn" and "Accounts of the Glass Sky".  I enjoyed how music was layered into the meaning of the pieces.  I also enjoyed the deliberate journey the pieces took me on unlike 12 Blue where I had to keep choosing the thread.  The use of text and the laying of music with images added to the overall appeal for me especially in "Faith".  In "Dawn" the images reminded me of my childhood and the woods in my backyard.

For the future assignment I was thinking of a series of letters sent between two people who form a bond  through a love of poetry.  They live in two very different worlds, but meet and exchange opinions and passions through letters.  (A bit old-fashioned, but possibly an interesting juxtaposition to the electronic world we are exploring)  The two people never meet, but explore and exchange different thoughts on poetry, love, art, and life.  Their views seem to be very different and in opposition to the other, but each person senses behind the letters deep appreciation.  Despite disagreements and hurt feelings the two continue to exchange letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment